What is a Doula
A Doula is a highly skilled, experienced guide that can be called on for all your pregnancy, birth, and post-birth needs.
A Doula holds no agenda of her own. Her job is to understand your needs and wishes for birth and support your family every step of the way. She doesn't work for your doctor, your hospital, or your insurance company. She works for you!
A Doula works within the family dynamic. She is a hired professional that comes in to support what is already working, build confidence between the couple, and balance any areas of need.
Evidence for Labor Support
After 22 trials that included more than 15,000 women, research has found that the presence of a Doula at your Birth can yield:
• 31% decrease in the use of Pitocin
• 28% decrease in the risk of C-section
• 12% increase in a spontaneous vaginal birth
• 9% decrease in the use of any medications for
• 34% decrease in the risk of being dissatisfied
with the birth experience